Wednesday, February 13, 2008

jerk chicken

Easy crock pot recipe-
-2 packs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
it was just under 4lbs of chicken I wait & stock up on boneless/skinless when they are on sale you can buy regular and take the skin off just as easily
-jerk seasoning I like the generic Target brand
-1 onion coarsely chopped
-1 green pepper coarsely chopped
-1 can chicken broth
-1 bottle bbq sauce we like Rendezvous hot bbq sauce which I can only find at Target. The boys like things spicy and this has been the only hot/spicy sauce I have tried that actually kicks up the spicy factor

Put the chicken in the crock pot, shake jerk seasoning over chicken-according to taste-I am liberal with the stuff
Cover with onion & pepper
mix bbq sauce & broth together in bowl & then pour over chicken
cover & slow cook for 8 hours.
great with mac & cheese and green beans

No comments: